Franchise Law (317-569-1200, P. ADAM DAVIS)
Davis & Sarbinoff has extensive franchise law experience providing legal representation for both franchisors and franchisees in all aspects, including, but not limited to, formation, transactional matters, compliance, litigation and dispute resolution.
We represent franchise clients in matters relating to:
- Breach of Franchise Agreement Claims
- Franchise Acquisition and Sale
- Advertising and Marketing Funds Disputes
- Area Development Agreements
- Formation and Creation of Operating Entities
- Franchise Encroachment Issues
- Franchise Fraud Claims
- Franchise Non-Compete Agreements
- Franchise Renewal Agreements
- Lease Negotiation
- Uniform Franchise Offering Circulars and Franchise Agreements
- FTC and State Law Compliance
- Purchasing Cooperatives
Legal Services for Franchisors:
We provide legal representation to national and international franchisors. Davis & Sarbinoff’s attorneys are experienced in sorting through the benefits of franchising your business to see that it conforms with the Indiana Franchise Disclosure Act, as well as the Indiana Deceptive Practices Acts.
Legal Services for Franchisees:
We assist individuals and businesses, such as Midwest and local Indiana franchisees, in review of Franchise Offering Circulars, Franchise Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Leases and intellectual property rights that are a part of considering purchasing a new franchise or purchasing an existing franchised business. We assist our clients in developing a business plan, including evaluation of the support provided by the franchisor, control of real estate and evaluation of lease terms and options for renewal.
We have assisted our clients in the following areas of Franchise agreements:
- Authority of the Indiana Securities Commissioner over Franchises
- Covenants not to compete
- Franchisor-Assisted Advertising and Marketing
- FTC Regulations applying to franchise businesses
- Indiana Franchise Disclosure Act and Indiana Franchise Deceptive Practices Act
- Non-Solicitation Agreement
- Requirement of the Purchase of Equipment or Inventory
- Restrictions on Legal Remedies for Franchisees
- Review of Market and Demographics
The scope of Davis & Sarbinoff's franchising and distribution legal services includes:
- Defending Law Suits Against Franchises
- Defending Law Suits Against Franchisors
- Filing Law Suits on behalf of Franchisee
- Filing Suit in Enforcement of Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Feasibility Evaluation
- Franchise System Development
- Franchisee Agreement Termination
- Franchisee Collective Bargaining
- Franchisor/Franchisee Relationship Issues, incl. Operation, Enforcement Terminations, Renewals, etc.
- Preparing Franchise Agreements, Sub-Franchising Agreements and Cooperative Advertising Agreements
- Preparing Franchise Disclosure Documents in compliance with Indiana and other applicable law
- Prosecuting Suits for Franchisees
- Prosecuting Suits for Franchisor
- Representation in the Acquisition or Sale of Franchise Territories.
- Representing Franchisor Clients in Mediation, Arbitration, Court Trials and Private Trials
- Representing Franchisors/Franchisees in Compliance Hearings with the State Securities Commissioner
- UFOC Development (Uniform Franchise Offering Circular)
Isn't it about time your successful business chose to expand through distribution or dealership networks or by selling franchises. We have the experience it takes to help navigate your business through often complicated state and federal legal formalities associated with expanding your business in novel and cost effective ways. Whether you're looking to become a franchisor or franchisee, or expand your business by other traditional or novel means, Davis and Sarbinoff is the law firm for the job. Indiana Franchise Attorneys, Indiana Franchise Lawyers, Midwest Franchise Attorneys, Natinoal Franchise Attorneys.